turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a question on the stimulus check if anyone can help. My wife and I filed jointly in 2018 but for 2019 we filed separate and she has yet to file for 2019. Will she receive her stimulus check bas

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KatrinaB48
Expert Alumni

I have a question on the stimulus check if anyone can help. My wife and I filed jointly in 2018 but for 2019 we filed separate and she has yet to file for 2019. Will she receive her stimulus check bas

Yes, she can still receive her stimulus payment. According to the IRS, the information from her 2018 will be used to calculate the stimulus payment since she has not filed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks. It kind of cut me off, but my question is will it be deposited into the same account? I used the same bank account To file jointly as I did individually in 2019. Not sure how the deposit will work since we didn’t file together in 2019. 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

The IRS will use the bank information on your own 2019 tax return that you filed as married filing separate.  Each of you will receive a stimulus check based on the banking information on your individual tax returns.

[Edited 04/06/2020 | 8:17 am PDT]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The 2018 one you mean? I filed separate for 2019 and she has yet to file. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies