Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed using self employed, but got it free as a lyft driver, so there was no tt fee to come out of my refund. Am I possibly part of the customers with stimulus issues?

I did dd, and the previous year I did pay my TT fee thru my refund, with all of the same info
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

I filed using self employed, but got it free as a lyft driver, so there was no tt fee to come out of my refund. Am I possibly part of the customers with stimulus issues?

Your stimulus payment will be deposited into the bank account where you received your 2019 tax refund.  Check the IRS Get My Payment tool. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was deposited or mailed. The IRS has indicated there’s nothing you can do to change where they send your payment.

If you were eligible for the first or second stimulus payment but did not receive the full amount you qualify for, you’ll be able to get the missing funds as a tax credit when you file your 2020 taxes. TurboTax will guide you through the process.

To do this in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Enter the information in your return.
  2. Click Federal Review at the top of your screen. 
  3. On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  4. You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received
  5. TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to.  This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.

I appreciate that information, but what I am wanting to know is, am I one of the customers affected by the IRS issue?  The Get My Payment tool says No Information Available.   If I am part of the group that was affected, then that message doesn't bother me, as I know it is being addressed.  If I am NOT part of that group of affected customers, then that message does concern me.

If there is just a way to find out if I am o e if the impacted customers, I can know whether to relax and know Turbotax is taking care of it, or whether I need to be prepared to filed as soon as possible after 1/15.  I have not recieved any emails from Turbotax since 12/31, which leads me to believe I am not part of the impacted group.  But confirmation of that would be very helpful.

@bbjhasting wrote:

I appreciate that information, but what I am wanting to know is, am I one of the customers affected by the IRS issue?  The Get My Payment tool says No Information Available.   If I am part of the group that was affected, then that message doesn't bother me, as I know it is being addressed.  If I am NOT part of that group of affected customers, then that message does concern me.

If there is just a way to find out if I am o e if the impacted customers, I can know whether to relax and know Turbotax is taking care of it, or whether I need to be prepared to filed as soon as possible after 1/15.  I have not recieved any emails from Turbotax since 12/31, which leads me to believe I am not part of the impacted group.  But confirmation of that would be very helpful.

There's no way for us to know, and the IRS is not providing any information beyond what their "get my payment" site says.  If you did not get an email from Turbotax, then you are not affected by the refund transfer problem.  That probably means that your payment is delayed by some different IRS mistake, and you will claim it as a credit when you file your return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies