Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

merrilee7

I filed my taxes and chose the direct debit to pay the amount due and entered my bank information in - when will the IRS debit that money-I don't want a late fee.

Filed taxes on April 18 and TT said it was accepted - but the amount I said I'd pay hasn't been debited yet so want to make sure I won't get charged a late fee from the IRS
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed my taxes and chose the direct debit to pay the amount due and entered my bank information in - when will the IRS debit that money-I don't want a late fee.

If you still don't see the debit in your bank account 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency.

You can double check your banking information was correct.  

To check banking information with Online:

1. Sign in to TurboTax. If you're already signed in, select Tax Home from the side menu
  2. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents and select Show
  3. Select 2022, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right area)
  4. In the left menu, select Tax Tools
  5. Underneath Tax Tools, select Print Center
  6. Then select Print, save or preview this year’s return
  7. Now check the 2022 Federal return box and select Include government and TurboTax worksheets
  8. Select View or print forms

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SethuSekhar
Returning Member

As long as you filed your taxes before the deadline, it does not matter when the IRS debits from your bank account.

Same issue for me.  Filed before the 18th and debit should have happened on the 18th as I requested.  How long should we wait before inquiring from the IRS as to what is going on?  Today is the 26th and still no debit.

Dale

If you still don't see the debit in your bank account 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency.

You can double check your banking information was correct.  

To check banking information with Online:

1. Sign in to TurboTax. If you're already signed in, select Tax Home from the side menu
  2. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents and select Show
  3. Select 2022, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right area)
  4. In the left menu, select Tax Tools
  5. Underneath Tax Tools, select Print Center
  6. Then select Print, save or preview this year’s return
  7. Now check the 2022 Federal return box and select Include government and TurboTax worksheets
  8. Select View or print forms

Well,  there is the other issue. My end.   Must have fat fingered the routing number or account and the debit failed.  Got notification today via snail mail that the debit failed.  Suppose I will be paying some interest now.  Have gone out to www.irs.gov/directpay to make another attempt at payment.  Crazy stuff.

Oh, and is there a way in TurboTax to see if something failed or do you just wait for the snail mail process to run its course?  I did not see an email from the irs that the payment failed.  That would have been greatly helpful to speed the process also.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies