Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't have Form 6251 in my 2022 return but Turbotax is asking for the entry on line 4?

Turbotax is asking for the entry from my 2022 FORM 6251, line 4, that I used for AMT.

I don't have Form 6251 in my 2022 return

I clicked on the link: "What if I don't have Form 6251?" and get the following paragraph.

"If you think your AMTI might be different than your "regular" taxable income (Form 1040, line 10), you'll need to determine what your 2022 Alternative Minimum Taxable Income was and enter it here. If you don't know your AMTI, most people will get the same result using your "regular" taxable income (2022 Form 1040, 10)."

However line 10 on my 2022 Form 1040 is blank; there is no entry.

I hope this all makes sense to someone. What the heck do I do?

Thank you

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MayaD
Expert Alumni

I don't have Form 6251 in my 2022 return but Turbotax is asking for the entry on line 4?

Taxpayers use Form 6251 to figure the amount, if any, of their alternative minimum tax (AMT).

If you didn't pay any AMT last year and you didn't have form 6251 in 2022, follow the instructions below to delete form 6251:

How do I delete a tax form in TurboTax Desktop?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yah, that's exactly the question I had!

"regular" taxable income is not line 10 on the Form 1040

TT's mistake

blueaggue
Returning Member

I have the same problem. So what did you do finally?

I know I went back to my 2022 return and that's where I found the solution. However, I can't recall the details at the moment and I don't have time right now to research what I did exactly. I can look into in a few days. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies