Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am using Turbo Tax H&B to create a 1099-NEC form for a contractor. I don't see an option to efile it with the IRS. How do I efile it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

I am using Turbo Tax H&B to create a 1099-NEC form for a contractor. I don't see an option to efile it with the IRS. How do I efile it?

You can file directly with the IRS- they have a great new system that is easy and direct.  See E-file Forms 1099 With IRIS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I created the new account you mentioned but when I sign on it gives me this error.  It asks me to select my organization and when I select individual it says:

The Organization you chose does not have the associated roles required to access your requested application. Please select an Organization that has the correct authority to access the requested application to continue.

There is no option to select or change my organization.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Are you able to click on FILE in the upper left hand corner of the screen?  Are you able to select a New Tax Return to create a new account with the correct information?

@michaelbaker200 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies