Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am an international students and not only I used turbotax, I have to pay way more taxes.

I did not know I can't use TurboTax to file taxes. Not only that, I didn't see my tax return was 1400$ before I submitted the return and I didn't even make 1400$. And somehow irs has accepted this bogus return? What should I do? Do I have to pay this amount? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

I am an international students and not only I used turbotax, I have to pay way more taxes.

You will need to contact our partner, Sprintax.com to help you amend your return and file the 1040NR. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

But I thought I couldn't do that once it's accepts the return?

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If you filed Form 1040 using TurboTax but you are a nonresident that needs to file Form 1040-X then you will have to amend your tax return.

Please use the steps below to file the correct return. Do not use 1040-X in sprintax since you did not use them to file the original return. 

• Download Form 1040-X 
  • Enter your name, current address, and social security number (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) on the front of Form 1040-X.
  • Don’t enter any other information on page 1. Also, don’t complete Parts I or II on page 2 of Form 1040-X.
  • Enter in Part III the reason why you are filing Form 1040-X. 
  • Complete a new or corrected return ( Form 1040-NR, etc. you can try to use sprintax for this). 
  • Across the top of the new or corrected return, write “Amended.” 
  • Attach the new or corrected return to the back of Form 1040-X.

Please see Form 1040-X Instructions for additional information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can I mail the W2, 1040 non residence form and 1040x with cash via mail? If I can do it by turbotax, do I have to submit 1040x with pdf of 1040n I got from sprint ax and do it in turbotax?  Also how can I efile a 1040x form in turbotax 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies