Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CMZ79

I already filed my Federal taxes with TurboTax. At this time, it charge me the $40 for the state taxes. I came back in to finish my state taxes and I am being charged?!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I already filed my Federal taxes with TurboTax. At this time, it charge me the $40 for the state taxes. I came back in to finish my state taxes and I am being charged?!

@CMZ79 

You appear to be using Online Deluxe Edition.  In that Deluxe product, the Federal return is currently $40, and the state return is $40.

How much were you charged previously when you filed the Federal return?    Did you pay $40 for only the Federal return, or did you pay $80 for both returns?

Check your fees this way:

With your return open, go to the left menu column and click on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.

In the Tools window click on MY FEES.

What charges are shown there?

@ CMZ79

ADDENDUM:

And how did you pay when you filed the Federal return?   Did you pay upfront with credit/debit card, or did you choose to pay any fees out of your Federal refund?  If you chose to pay any fees out of the Federal refund, that payment method has an additional $40 service fee.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies