turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to get my 1099 interest forms from my bank through Turbotax sign in to my accounts?

TT does not recognize my banks, I would like to have TT access my bank by my credentials, but it does not show me how.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

How to get my 1099 interest forms from my bank through Turbotax sign in to my accounts?

Many but not all financial intuitions participate in the TurboTax download program. 

-follow this link for participating partners-

participating TurboTax Import Partner.

If you can not download the 1099-INT in TurboTax you may be able to access the information on the internet through your account.  

When you have the information it is a simple process to enter the information, just follow the link below-

Where do I enter Form 1099-INT?

IF the problem is that you can't seem to find how to manually enter it yourself:

On the page that wants you to select or enter a bank ?  ...... you don't ...instead you click on:

"Change how I enter my form" at the bottom of that page.

......and then on the next page you click on:

"Type it in myself"

then you are off and running to manually enter your 1099-INT.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Paul K

If TurboTax can't find your institution, that usually means (in my experience) your bank does not participate in the program to allow TurboTax to access the 1099INT form directly from the bank's website. If your bank has the form available for *you* to access on line, you would have to log on to your account, download or print the form, and enter the information into TurboTax manually, just as you would do if the bank snail-mailed the form to you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies