Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How to edit imported AMT credit

Yes, I am asking "how" do I manually input this info into my 2022 Turbo Tax submission?  I tried by opening Forms and requesting a blank 8801, but it looks more like something I'd fill out to log a credit from this year to carryover to 2023--I instead want to use the credit this year (2022). I also could not easily follow the IRS instructions for Form-8801, and it stopped letting me enter info at line 21 because it was "0" and telling me I don't have a credit.  Maybe I did it wrong or maybe this isn't what I need to fill out, but I DEFINITELY have a very large carryover credit from 2021 and I definitely qualify to use it this year because we do not have to pay AMT for the 1st time in years.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please click here to contact us by phone so we can better assist you. @kellylev 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I called the Turbo Tax number prior to submitting question online here at representative's suggestion. She told me she could only help with technical issues not how to get info in from prior year when there are no files to upload.  I told her exactly what I was trying to do and she said to post my question here.

zan1234567890
Returning Member

but how enter last year's 8801 mannually?

I never received an answer last year, so I was not able to claim any of my prior years' credit.  I still need the answer to help with this year's 2023 taxes.  Turbo Tax, please advise! My calls instructed for me to post question here instead, but I need Turbo Tax advisors to instruct me.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Using the desktop version will allow you to switch over to Forms mode and force open the form 8801. Most of the form accepts entries without an override so there is no issue with data accuracy or efiling. The top right has a toggle between the program and forms mode. The arrow back to the program is shown below along with where you open forms. Once you open the search box, type in 8801 and open the form.

See How do I switch from TurboTax Online to the TurboTax software?

@kellylev 

@zan1234567890 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies