Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ze1ing

How does on revoke the consent to "Let us use your tax info to improve your experience"? I clicked the wrong button and couldn't find a way to remedy it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies

How does on revoke the consent to "Let us use your tax info to improve your experience"? I clicked the wrong button and couldn't find a way to remedy it.

I could not either, can someone help?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

At any time and for any reason you have the option to revoke access to your shared data.

Follow these instructions to stop sharing data:

On the web, within Turbo, click on View Profile in the upper left hand corner. 

On the mobile app, tap the menu button at the top left and tap View Profile.

Within the Profile page, scroll down to Household on the web, or tap Personal in the mobile app.

On the web, click Edit next to the name of the person that you no longer want to share your data with. For the app, tap the name of the person.

Choose Revoke access.

@missjulie520 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks but Im asking in reference to sharing my data with Intuit, not with other people.  In the software, it gave me a consent form saying "Let us use your tax info to improve your experience".  Intuit wants to use my information and I want to revoke the consent I signed.  When I follow your steps to go into profile it only gives me my name and not the option to revoke access.  

I think you might mean the "data and privacy tab" but I also checked there and there is no option to revoke.

Have  you found a way to undo this?

BillyC77

It doesn't work. I called the customer service line of Turbotax and didnot get the answer either. Please find the right solution for us. Thanks.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can go into Manage your Data.

Or if you go into update your preferences - click on Global Privacy Statement at the bottom.  

From there I scrolled down to this area. I think you can make changes here, as well. 

Hopefully this helps.

Same problem. It's quite frustrating to not be able to clear the "Let us use your tax info to improve your experience" option after I accidentally said Yes.

It seems to be impossible to do. I have the same problem, accidentally accepted thinking that it's required to file the tax return. There's no way to undo this, I clicked every option in the profile. Also, if I go back and redo the Review part, it doesn't even show that I accepted it anymore, the page mentioning "Let us use your tax info to improve your experience" is gone. 

wtftutx

I've spoken to my lawyer, and am taking legal action. I will try to remember to update this thread if/when I get a resolution. Incidentally, this was the final straw for me. I'm downloading all my data and deleting my account. INTUIT YOU NEED TO **bleep**ING LOOK INTO THIS.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

You can find the option to let TurboTax use you tax data.

The question in the REVIEW section on the main menu.

• You must first answer and complete all the tax questions
  • Continue the interview.
  • You will get to the page We just need your OK on a couple of things
  • When you click [Review & Sign]
  • A sidebar will appear with Agree, or No Thanks

The decision is yours

Please contact us again with any additional questions or to provide some additional details.

JohnB5677

You did not answer the question. Please read the question and the discussion before posting. 

The question is: 

How does one revoke the consent to "Let us use your tax info to improve your experience"

We need a way to revoke consent after clicking "Review & Sign" and then "Agree".

Going back to the Review section of the menu does not solve the problem, the page with "We just need your OK on a couple of things" will be gone even if you agreed to only one of the two questions. 

So far, there is no solution provided in this thread. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Did you follow this? Did this not work?

You can go into Manage your Data.

Or if you go into update your preferences - click on Global Privacy Statement at the bottom.  

From there I scrolled down to this area. I think you can make changes here, as well. 

Hopefully this helps.

It doesn't work, I don't think it's relevant to the question. If I go to "Manage my data" (which is a link on this page https://www.intuit.com/privacy/protect-your-privacy/ that takes me to my Turbotax profile) I have the following options:

• Download
  • Delete
  • Correction

None of these allow me to revoke my consent to "Let us use your tax info to improve your experience". Except, maybe Delete which will delete all my data. 

Below on the same I see a section "Data used for Intuit products" that says "No consents available". Again, that doesn't allow me to revoke my consent to "Let us use your tax info to improve your experience" which I accepted in Turbotax before. 

I'm not sure what this has to do with YouTube or Twilio API that you highlighted in your screenshot. 

I also don't see the Global Privacy Statement link anywhere in Turbotax.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

That's not the same webiste. Go to: https://www.intuit.com/privacy/

It will look like this: Then follow the directions in the screenshots above.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies