Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

engp7836
Returning Member

How do you populate the "QBI wksht for previously disallowed losses, if present" on the QBI Deduction Smart Worksheet? What value is it looking for, nothing seems to work

You can try to put the carryover for the operation cost in one year and the QBI carryover in another year. It worked for me

emma060905
Returning Member

How do you populate the "QBI wksht for previously disallowed losses, if present" on the QBI Deduction Smart Worksheet? What value is it looking for, nothing seems to work

is this issue fixed? I am using the online version and still have the same problem. No matter what i put there, it doesn't work and it doesn't allow me to file. what the hell? very dissappointed. may have to switch to hr block next year if it  is not fixed though i have used turbo tax for 15 years. now i have to file by mail. 

turbo tax issue.png

I do have rental income. this happened with the schedule E worksheet of a few rentals. 

It says "link to QBI wksht should be linked to an independent copy of QBI worksheet with no other activities linked to it.

and below that message is the screen of the worksheet with box H 3d as the issue. 

I don't know what it asked for. no matter what value i put in, it won't work.

I attached a screenshot. Pls take a look. thanks again.

emma060905
Returning Member

When will this issue be fixed?

I do have rental income. this happened with the schedule E worksheet of a few rentals. 

It says "link to QBI wksht should be linked to an independent copy of QBI worksheet with no other activities linked to it.

and below that message is the screen of the worksheet with box H 3d as the issue. 

I don't know what it asked for. no matter what value i put in, it won't work.

I attached a screenshot. Pls take a look. thanks again.

@AliciaP1 

turbo tax issue.png

engp7836
Returning Member

You can try to put the carryover for the operation cost in one year and the QBI carryover in another year. It worked for me

engp7836
Returning Member

You can try to put the carryover for the operation cost in one year and the QBI carryover in another year. It worked for me.

emma060905
Returning Member

thanks. but can you tell me how to do that exactly?

engp7836
Returning Member

I put the operation cost carryover in 2019 and the QBI carryover in 2020 even though both of them occurred in the same year. It didn’t make sense. However,  for some reason, it let me pass. 

rajish6

Can you kindly give a step by step. Please

engp7836
Returning Member

I put the operation cost carryover in 2019 and the QBI carryover in 2020 even though both of them occurred in the same year. It didn’t make sense. However,  for some reason, it let me pass. 

Has anyone got this to work correctly?

Can you give an update to when this will be fixed on the web version?

@AliciaP1 

ap291
Returning Member

Not working for me either - Schedule C - Turbo Tax online - it says to "revisit the topic" but revisiting it doesn't change anything.

Screenshot from 2022-04-18 20-14-07.png

marcelacs

I have updated my computer software, but the online version of Turbo Tax continues to ask me to fill in the blank for "QBI wksht for previously disallowed losses, if present" and I can't figure out what needs to go there. Has anyone found a fix?

@AliciaP1  Where can we escalate this topic to; the lack of communication here isn't great?

Anyone know if this is being worked on or solved?

@AliciaP1  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies