Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do you import information for more than one brokerage account? Turbo imported information for only one of my brokerage accounts with M1 Finance. I have two more.

TurboTax uses the default browser. By "use a different browser", do you mean to temporarily change the default browser? Even that would not work if TurboTax saves the  previous browser. It clearly saves the login name to the brokerage account and cannot be forced to forget it.

How do you import information for more than one brokerage account? Turbo imported information for only one of my brokerage accounts with M1 Finance. I have two more.

It sounds like you get to TurboTax by clicking a link, maybe from an email, maybe from another website.
What you need to do is open a new browser, and then enter https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

No, I do not use a link. I have the TurboTax application on my PC.

When I request that TurboTax import data from a broker, TURBOTAX OPENS A LINK ON my BROWSER , presumably using the default browser.

TurboTax obviously saves the login information for the brokerage (even when I close the TurboTax application!) and INCORRECTLY ASSUMES that further imports will use the same login. The BUG is that TurboTax should allow changing the brokerage username, PARTICULARLY when I've told TurboTax that the source of income is for another person!

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Clear your cache and cookies in that default browser and then go back to TurboTax and try the import again.

Here's how to clear your cache and cookies.

@jess_barmatz 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That was the easiest way around the multiple accounts at one broker problem. Thanks

Last year I cleared cache and the intuit cookies. I thought that that would allow a separate login to Intuit, but it did not! (I had to enter the data manually for the second investor.)

Next year I'll try temporarily changing my default browser. TurboTax should fix this bug.

LP75
Level 1

Save turbo tax and log out.  Log into the Fidelity account that you downloaded when you were on turbo tax.  Sign out of that Fidelity account.  Log into Turbo Tax and download the second account you need from Fidelity.  I did this yesterday, March 19, 2024 and it worked.

That sounds reasonable, and I'll try it next year.

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

--Jess

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies