turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I update my information so that I get my stimulus payment?

I had to pay this year will that have an effect on how I get my 3rd stimulus payment?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You can go to the Get My Payment site and check to change your bank information.  That will show you the account that the IRS has on file for your stimulus payments.  The site will also tell you if a payment has been processed yet  If you change the bank information now, it may not affect the 3rd payment, but will be correct for any future payments.

If a payment is sent to an account that is not yours, the bank will send the money back to the IRS and they will issue a paper check and mail it to your address.

America Rescue Plan Update

The IRS is reviewing implementation plans for the newly enacted American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Additional information about a new round of economic impact payments, including the third stimulus will be forthcoming.   

The IRS strongly urges taxpayers not to file amended returns related to the new legislative provisions or take other unnecessary steps at this time. The IRS will provide taxpayers with additional guidance on those provisions that could affect their 2020 tax return. TurboTax is developing and will develop the software required to process all of the new conditions as information becomes available.

We’ve been addressing more frequently asked customer questions. Review the new FAQs in the article, How will the third stimulus impact me? 

@bethricky2013

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies