Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Lynntriss
Returning Member

How do I delete my Form 1099-B that I imported into TurboTax? Instruction from Intuit don't work.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

How do I delete my Form 1099-B that I imported into TurboTax? Instruction from Intuit don't work.

Follow these steps to delete IRS form 1099-B in TurboTax Online.

At the screen Let's finish pulling in your investment income, click the down arrow to the right of the investment.

To delete, select the trashcan to the right of the Edit button.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lynntriss
Returning Member

Thanks for this, but it isn't what I'm looking for.  I don't find anything that says "Let's finish pulling in your investment income" nor is there a down arrow to the right of the investment or a trashcan to the right of the Edit button.

These are essentially the same instructions I was able to find earlier on the Intuit site.  Wish they had helped.

I've been using TT since the late 80s, so I know there's a solution out there!

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Then what do you see when you view the IRS form 1099-B that you asked about?

In TurboTax Online, I am able to reach this screen by following these steps:

• Click on Federal down the left side of the screen.
  • Click on Wages & Income down the left side of the screen.
  • Scroll down to Investments and Savings and click the down arrow to the right.
  • Click Start / Revisit to the right of Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other.

Do you have a scroll bar at the bottom of the screen?  You may need to move the scroll bar to the right to see the full page.

@Lynntriss 

Lynntriss
Returning Member

The issue may be that I'm using a downloaded version of TT, not the online version.  Unfortunately, I don't see any of what you've shown.

On my Investment Sales Summary, I see the 2 accounts I have, with summary info for each, and simply an Edit button on the right.  I want to delete all the info for just one account.  When I use the Edit button, I'm taken to a page that says "Review Your _____ Sales," which has info on each transaction.  I see no way to simply delete all the info.

I thought there might be a way on the Schedule D itself to delete the info for the one account, but can't find it.

I appreciate the continued help!

Lynntriss
Returning Member

For a downloaded (as opposed to online) version of TurboTax, go to the dropdown File tab at the top of the screen, go to Remove Imported Data, find data to be deleted, and delete.

Works!

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Desktop, is this what you see?  Or do you see something else?

Are you able to move the scroll bar across the bottom to see the delete trashcan?

I am trying to reply to the TurboTax expert.  I have a downloaded version of TurboTax 2023 on a Mac.  On the investment sales summary, there are no edit or delete buttons on the right-hand side.  There is also no scroll line on the bottom of the page.  I want to delete the entire "what if" brokerage account I entered, but there is no way to do this.  

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Let's try this another way.

1. On the menu bar on the left that shows. 

1. Select Tax Tools 
  2. On the drop-down select Tools 
  3. On the Pop-Up menu select Delete a Form 
  4. This will give you all of the forms in your return 
  5. Scroll down to the form you want to delete 
  6. Select the Form (1099-B) 
  7. Click on Delete

Always use extreme caution when deleting information from your tax return.  There could be unintended consequences. 

Please update if you need further assistance.

@lynn1227

This worked for me.  I have 2023 Premier from Costco.  Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies