turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Help!! Turbotax stopped working error message

I realize I might be in the wrong forum but can't figure out where I should post this.  I'm mostly done with my taxes but need to revise an Interest and Dividend amount.  When I click on that section I get an error message "Turbotax has stopped working".  I've tried several times with the same results.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Turbotax.  I'm using Windows 7. I even called the 800 support number and a lady asked me what I expected her to do - she said "I only work here" and hung up on me.  Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

130 Replies

I am having the same issue. 

Any idea how we can bring this to Intuit's attention?  I tried calling but that failed.   I really need to file my taxes.

Here is the problem signature:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:                        APPCRASH

Application Name:                             TurboTax.exe

Application Version:                           2019.41.30.244

Application Timestamp:                     5eba5031

Fault Module Name:                          clr.dll

Fault Module Version:                       4.7.3468.0

Fault Module Timestamp:                 5d490e65

Exception Code:                                  80131506

Exception Offset:                                002d5f93

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:                                             1033

Additional Information 1:                 6a9b

Additional Information 2:                 6a9b8e4a69458d7ee1603e974369b2a5

Additional Information 3:                 1e9d

Additional Information 4:                 1e9d339005617fb2296ec2bcdd7c5a25

I'm having the same problem: Turbotax Deluxe 2019 keeps generating "stopped working" error message, quits, and restarts; then does it again and again.  Began yesterday 5/15/20 and still doing it today.  Tried updating, no help.  Running Windows 7. 

Is there a cloud-based version of Deluxe 2019 that might work instead?

does anyone know how to reach turbotax technical support?  i'm going to try on a windows 10 machine this afternoon with my tax data file.  i'll report back.

IsWell
Returning Member

I have same issue with it crashing. The only way to get TurboTax 1 of 3 ways: get everyone to click the thumbs up button on your post, get multiple people to call in, or post issue on TurboTax's twitter and get followers.  

A bit of background the clr.dll is the .Net framework from Microsoft and the issue could be from Intuit or Microsoft. My error code was the same after TurboTax was to do some calculations so I think it is Intuit fault. If not then it has to be the way we have our computers setup 😥.

I still have the issue but if you would like to try some of the steps I have done they are below.

Best steps to try is from TurboTax here https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/troubleshoot-installing-and-running-turbotax-.... Also Microsoft .net has a repair tool on their main website.  In addition I have started over on my taxes, tried another computer with Windows 7, created a new user account.

Last resort is to use the your browser to complete the steps (I still dont know if we have to pay again though) or ask for a refund. 

Windows 7 is not a supported Operating System. Microsoft will not assist you.

TurboTax also will probably tell you you are on your own now.

It was working fine a few days ago.  I believe a recent Turbotax update is the culprit.  You'd think they could fix it.

If you have Windows System Protection turned on ( a life saver)

you can restore to a point before 5/16.

Yes, this is a new problem; I had been working on the return in stages, and TT had worked fine until the most recent update, which installed for me automatically when I opened TT on 5/15/20..

Did you try to import the file you'd been working on first? 

Has anyone tried load?ing TT onto a PC running Windows 10, then tried to work with the TT file created in Windows 7?

How about Mac?  Has anyone tried loading TT Deluxe 2019 on a Mac and then open the TT file created in Windows 7?

Olms1696

I’m having same problem. Also using 7 - Based on the messaging from intuit it’s my security at risk. They do not state the program will not work with windows 7. 
im going to call them Monday

has anyone tried just starting over with new file? I may do that  will let you know if I do and it works 

I have tried numerous fresh images from TT.  I had a nice TT tech support person who said, here, we'll give you a no cost upgraded version.  However, I think all the downloaded images are the same for the home users as the file size is exactly the same to the byte.

I've tried many things to no avail.  I think we have to wait for TT to fix it.

bluepost22

Fanfare:  tried restoring using 5/12 restore point,  didn't work.

bluepost22

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies