Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Glitch in Form 7206

@AnnetteB6 : If you look through this thread, I also posted several times with this problem--along with the many others who have been asking for help for weeks. Faced with complete silence from TurboTax and unable to find any information, I ultimately decided to try to efile my return last week, hoping that at least if there was a problem you hadn't fixed, I would get an error message similar to those described by other users in this thread. I got no such message and my efile was accepted.

If there is now something else I must do I need to know that information ASAP, and I hope that TurboTax is prepared to own up to it's error and make this right, both with your customers and the IRS. I have subscribed to the link you provided, but in the meantime I would like to know exactly what the implications of this are, and how you plan on resolving it.

Glitch in Form 7206

@AnnetteB6 I am in the same boat. 

Had sent the token three days back. No response.

IRS specifying below:

R0000-058-01 - An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file.

When I go into TT to fix, it specifies below:

An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached

Data in the return is missing or invalid and cannot be electronically filed at this time. If Form 7206(s) are in the return, review the form(s) for accuracy and errors. If the form(s) is attached in error delete it and resubmit the return for electronic filing. If necessary, make the appropriate change and re-submit this return electronically. However, if the reject continues, file this return via U.S. Mail, print this federal return and mail it to the appropriate IRS Service Center.

Glitch in Form 7206

The issue with 7206 still exist on TT Home and Business 2023 for Mac.

IRS specifying below:

R0000-058-01 - An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file.

When I go into TT to fix, it specifies below:

An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached

Data in the return is missing or invalid and cannot be electronically filed at this time. If Form 7206(s) are in the return, review the form(s) for accuracy and errors. If the form(s) is attached in error delete it and resubmit the return for electronic filing. If necessary, make the appropriate change and re-submit this return electronically. However, if the reject continues, file this return via U.S. Mail, print this federal return and mail it to the appropriate IRS Service Center.

Glitch in Form 7206

@le-impot Any luck. 

Still having issue with Form 7206 and IRS rejected the e-filed.

Glitch in Form 7206

Hey @doubleO7 ,

My return was accepted when I efiled. I don't know if that means the form 7206 wasn't transmitted [even though it shows up when I save the return], and no one from TT seems to be willing or able to answer that question.  My situation didn't require the form to be filed at all, and the way it was filled out by TT was incorrect/incomplete, so I hope it wasn't actually part of the efile. This whole thing has been enormously frustrating--I don't know why TT can't at least let us know what's going on while they are *theoretically* figuring out a solution. A little communication would go a long way...

Glitch in Form 7206

My tax return(e-file) was finally accepted even though the amount ( zero) of the form 7206 did not match with the amount on Schedule 1, line 17.  My tax return was required the form 7206 for self-employed health insurance deduction. I hope it will be okay.

Glitch in Form 7206

Installed the software update received today for Mac version.

No luck. IRS rejected.

Issue related to 7206 e-filing from Mac still persists as of 3/21/2024.

Glitch in Form 7206

Installed the  software update for TT 2003 Home and Business for Mac this morning.

E-filed after the update. Got rejected by IRS.

Issue related to 7206 e-filing from Mac still persists as of 3/21/2024.

Glitch in Form 7206

I had similar issues with form 7206. This was solved by updating Turbotax, then starting a new blank return and re-entering all information. Problem disappeared.

In the past I've solved other glitches this way. Usually I download the software in December in order to calculate my Jan 15th estimate taxes. I'll update again in the next few months confirming how much I expect to get back on my return. It seems the software will generate glitches in the return forms that is not always fixed with updates. Restarting with a blank return usually fixes this.

I have found a problem with the PDF save of form 7206. In 2022 (prior to form 7206 existing), the Self-Employed Health and Long-Term Care Insurance Deduction Worksheet included a note "A self-employed health insurance adjustment of $1234.00 from premiums paid through an exchange is included as an adjustment to income but does not appear on these worksheets." However in 2023 this same information is shown on form 7206, but only in TurboTax form view - but not when saved to PDF, that bottom line is cut off. This created confusion in comparing draft 2023 with 2022 PDF tax returns to verify how the self-employed health insurance premiums were deducted.

Glitch in Form 7206

HI @AnnetteB6 

I noticed that the page for the link you provided is now defunct.  "You may have clicked on an article that has been deleted or outdated."

Is this still being worked on?

Thanks

Glitch in Form 7206

Never mind.  Coincidental timing, but I just received the following email: 

We’re still working on Incomplete Form 7206 added to return when self-employed 1095-A is entered

Dear TurboTax customer,
Thank you for being patient while we investigate your issue.
Rest assured, we're working tirelessly on a solution and will email you when we have more information.
Thank you for being a TurboTax customer.
Sincerely,
TurboTax

Glitch in Form 7206

@Dan42269 :

In my case, 1095-A isn't added. The issue still persists with 7206 e-filing irrespective of 1095-A.

Glitch in Form 7206

Email I just received:

Dear TurboTax customer,

We appreciate your continued patience as we tirelessly work on solving your issue.

We’ll email you when we’ve developed a fix.

Thank you for being a TurboTax customer.

Sincerely,

TurboTax

We're getting pretty close to Tax Day.  Fingers crossed.

klma
Level 2

Glitch in Form 7206

I am having the same issues. Self Employed - Healthcare marketplace - and need to pay some of premiums back.  My token # is 1220101.

Desktop Turbotax Home & Business.

Ready to submit but I keep getting error message on Form 7206.

Glitch in Form 7206

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies