Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

cbf01

Form 8915-F problem

That doesn't work if you're itemizing,  There's no list on the left

AZDave

Form 8915-F problem

I found I had to delete my 1099-R form and the 8915-F form.

Then renter my 1099-R info and made sure to click the NO box for the Disaster Relief question.

Smooth sailing after that !

Tech Support person (Marshall) was very patient and helpful in walking me through the process.

👍 

Form 8915-F problem

OMG - thank you @AZDave  for the solution!

I literally discovered today I forgot to file my 2021 return today because I ran into this error in the 2021 version of Turbotax last year and thought I'd let the storm weather over and let a software update fix it (I filed an extension).  Well - here we are a year later and I ran into the same issue.

The fact that this bug *still* remains in the next version of Turbotax just tells me someone at Intuit is being a tad bit lazy about addressing their backlog so next year the software is better than last year.

I, too, am questioning staying with Turbotax for a variety of reasons I won't get into now because that is not the point of this thread.

Thanks again for providing a workaround and honestly hope that Turbotax irons out this bug in Turbotax 2023.

Much gratitude for community-driven technical support!

Form 8915-F problem

Yes, I had a terribly difficult time yet. An intimate representative called me on the phone for my request through this software. She was very patient and knowledgeable, and it also had something to do with the 1099 R in my case it was with an 8606 form, no provide step by step instructions on how to properly utilize the back door Roth Ira reporting. The 8915 Dash F what is the replacement for the 8915 – E back in 2020 and that was for a cares act distribution whereby you could either take an entire distribution early and pay the tax on it with no penalty or you could spread it out over three years, in my case I took the distribution and paid it off in full in 2020 all in all I learned a lot from the representative and in fact as I went through the back door Roth Ira process repeatedly turned out that there was one checkbox check incorrectly, and that resolved it. One thing about TurboTax. It’s not always easy to get through the program, when you do understand the issue and could do it manually try relentlessly pursuing the Turbo Solution validates and enhances your understanding in knowing your return is correct is empowering. D. Gregory 

Form 8915-F problem

I would go to the view forms selection and go down the list until I found and changed all forms that may have been affected by your checking yes to this question.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies