Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

Contrary to what some of you might think I was saying, I cannot excuse the lack of communication. We need to get past this.

FXPS
Level 2

Feb 16, 2024 update fixed the issue and I was able to e-file and federal and state returns have been accepted. 

I was able to download the latest update this afternoon (about 9 hours ago) and complete my e-file successfully at that time.

Ironically, at 10pm this evening, I received an email from Intuit with the subject:
"We’re still working on Form 7206 not supported for Efile in Desktop"

The message read:
"Thank you for being patient while we investigate your issue.  Rest assured, we're working tirelessly on a solution and will email you when we have more information.  Thank you for being a TurboTax customer."
😁

Too funny!  But somehow I’m not laughing….

I updated my software today and the issue with form 7206 has been resolved, which allowed me to file. This is great! It's easy to gripe, (and I did), so I should definitely say thanks to TT for fixing the problem. Thanks, TT!

I am so happy to hear that this has been worked out. Rather than jump on the band wagon and try to get even with Turbo Tax I think we all should get get together for a big celebrtion. I will bring a nice big case of Fireball.

Glad to hear it has been fixed. I also received the email telling me they’re still working on a fix- which is funny but also reflective of the core problem - Intuit not having a real customer support anymore. Instead, they require us to help each other, for free, or, best case, tell us to subscribe to email updates (and can’t even provide a link that subscribes you to the relevant topic). 
Most of us don’t have the time to listen to music waiting for the next available representative. And they know that. Customer support is expensive but most customers will have forgotten the indignities of this year when next tax season comes around. And for those who leave, customers mistreated by the other companies will come to Intuit. 
This is a dying business. Eventually, online filing will be available for free and the value of this service will be even smaller. One way to keep it attractive would be by providing better support to users. Sadly, I don’t think they know how to do that. 

Just got the email telling me they are working on it….Pathetic!

I think you e Mail is a little slow getting to you. There are many tubo tax users where it is now up and running and doing fine.

I agree with what you say especially about other companies. That is why as angry as we all might be regarding what has happen if you are considering changing Apps remember you will proably be exchanging one set of problems for another.

I efiled my return on Thursday.  Just amazed that they emailed me today saying they were working on the problem, two days after it was corrected.

Would you say they are a little on the slow side?

This will be my last post under this thread.  Thanks to everyone for commiserating with me while we waited for form 7206.  Just an important note...  I have gone through this exact same thing for the last two years (different forms).  Last year it was form 8915-F not available for e-filing until beginning of March.   Each year I investigated different software but kept with TT because I've used it for so many years and it was the most comfortable to me.  Each year TT said they would Email me when corrected.  I never got an Email saying it was corrected.  Never an apology, nothing.  So go on with your life, an apology is not coming.  Thanks All!

Return now rejected...

“An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file.  This return cannot be filed at this time due to a processing error that will be corrected on February 23, 2024.  On or after February 23, 2024 open the rejected return, review for errors, and resubmit the return for electronic filing."

What is happening with this tax season??  First time ever having any problem filing.

I have tried to encourage some of the other preparers to show patience do to some of the problems we have had with form 7206. But what you are telling us here makes no sense at all. It sounds like someone at the other end has been smoking whacky  tobacky.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies