Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FormerMayor
Returning Member

Form 2210

Form 2210 still shows as "Not Done." When will Form 2210 be available so that I can file my federal taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Form 2210

I have the same complain here! It keeps delaying from 2/11 -> 2/18 -> 2/25. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Form 2210

You can monitor the forms availability date  by clicking here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 2210

Thanks for the link! But, just wondering why does it keep delaying? since the form has already been made available by IRS on their website. 

FormerMayor
Returning Member

Form 2210

Thank you for the quick response.

However, as others have indicated, it makes no sense for this form not to be approved yet, since the IRS has already approved the forms, tax filing season has started (two days ago now), and others are using this form in their tax filings. This may even impact those taxpayers who are trying to file early in order to take advantage of the next stimulus relief check that the federal government is getting ready to send out. This is a "glitch" that TurboTax needs to remedy quickly.

There needs to be a temporary workaround for this issue that TurboTax has created. Once the tax preparation is complete and all the forms are ready to be filed, the workaround may be as simple as unchecking the box in Part II of Form 2210. All the calculations will still be there. Penalties (if any) will still be transferred to Form 1040. But, this Form 2210, not being ready due to a TurboTax issue, won't hold up the filing of taxes.

Given the importance of this issue, and its time-critical nature, some useful guidance would be appreciated.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Form 2210

Yes, you are correct. Form 2210 was in draft form through February 4, 2021. TurboTax is working diligently to add this form as soon as possible. 

Keep in mind, if you owe less than $1,000, you are allowed to remove this form completely. See: Topic No. 306 Penalty for Underpayment of Estimated Tax.

To delete a form, follow these steps:

1. From the left menu, select Tax Tools.
  2. Select Tools.
  3. Scroll to Delete a Form.
  4. Scroll to Form 2210 and select Delete and Delete Selected Form and Continue.

Form 2210 is for reporting income that was earned unevenly to correct the IRS default assumption that income was earned, and therefore taxable, evenly throughout the year. This form is also impacted by due dates for estimated tax payments. 

Federal income tax estimates for first and second quarter were not due until July 15, 2020 whereas states changed their estimates differently.

To review how to enter these details in TurboTax and reduce any penalties as low as possible, do a search for underpayment of penalties and click the Jump to link. For more details, see: How do I add Form 2210?

@jackey737

@FormerMayor

FormerMayor
Returning Member

Form 2210

Thank you.  Yes, I do understand.

As it turns out, in my situation of changing filing status from MFJ for 2019 to MFS for 2020, I was underwithheld for the year (more than $1,000).

Though there is a small penalty, (as it turns out) no boxes need to be checked in Part II, and it is not necessary for me to file Form 2210.  At the time I initially inquired about the "not done" status of Form 2210, I was not aware that I did not need to check box “E” in Part II of Form 2210, nor do I need to file Form 2210, though the Form still calculates the penalty and includes that on Form 1040.

With no boxes checked in Part II, the “Not Done” disappears from the Form 2210 status under “Forms in My Return,” allowing my tax return to be filed without error messages.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies