turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 2210

I'm  also an estimated tax payer.   I paid quarterly estimates that are MORE than required and have a refund  coming.  However,  due to this form error,   I  don't want to file and screw something up.   I'll just have to wait and hope it gets corrected quickly.

Form 2210

OK   just got an update this afternoon from TT  saying problem is all fixed.     NOT  SO.      After getting the message,   I spun through my tax return again,  and this time NO errors,  so   I filed electronically.

Now  I see that  Fed's  rejected my return due to Form 2210  Part II,  Box  A  being checked.  

I   DO  not have a penalty as I over paid.

NOW  what ????

Form 2210

I have the same problem with Form 2210.  I have overpaid my estimated taxes and even with the supposed correction by TT, it still says I request a waiver which I do not need.  Now my Federal tax return was just rejected.  Very little TT help when I open my return to fix the problem.  What do I do now?

Form 2210

OK.....success,  I think.   

I had the same message,  and couldn't get rid of Form 2210 even though  I do NOT owe a penalty.   I over paid my estimated taxes, they owe me.

I just went to Form 2210  and in the Part II,  next to Box A  was a button "Explain"    I clicked on that,  and a new section opened up where  I typed in my Explanation.....    I typed  " I do NOT owe a penalty,  I over paid my taxes,  You owe me".

I refiled,  and it was just accepted !!!!    Hopefully,  that is the end of it.

Form 2210

no it doesn't.  Frustrating as heck.  May be my last year using TT if not resolved quickly.

Form 2210

Hey folks!

I don't know if this works online, but...

On form 2210, I right-clicked box A asking for a waiver and chose "override". Then, I unchecked the box.
Form 2210 finally disappeared, and my return looks ready to file (accurately!).

Hope that helps.

Update: My returns were accepted!

Form 2210

If I could reach through the ether and kiss you, I would.

I don't need to file a 2210.  My return included a 2210 and was rejected because of the 2210 Part II box A check mark.

My 2210 is now successfully deleted.  I have re-filed with fingers crossed.

slevis

Form 2210

This error is still occurring in the TurboTax Premier web version. I cannot file my return because form 2210 box a is checked erroneously. When will this be resolved?

Form 2210

Please post if overriding (uncheck) Form 2210  Part II Box A allows your return to be accepted by the IRS.  It appears that the last TT update removed the Error that says Form 2210 Box A should be unchecked.  However, Box A is still checked when you efile and it is causing the return to be rejected.  TT please fix.

Form 2210

I am unable to e-file due to the 2210 error. The software update TurboTax put out yesterday, got rid of the error (!) mark next to the 2210 form but when I then e-filed, it is rejected within a few hours.
TurboTax just contacted me and told me to print out my returns and mail them. This is unacceptable. I don't even own a printer.
I responded that if they don't fix this issue this week, I will contact my credit card company and have them refund me my purchase price ($69) and the $19.99 cost for my state return, which was taken when I attempted to e-file. I also let them know I will never again use an Intuit product. I am (was) a 20+ year customer.

Form 2210

While I agree it’s inacceptable, this is the “unintended consequence” of the IRS changing its penalty policy in mid-January as a reaction to all the under withholding mess it created

TT frankly disn’t Have a lot of time to program and test this one . Let’s see what the next 2-3 days brings - a lot of screaming on these boards and TT does monitor them

Form 2210

I have tried right-click and left-click on the box A.  Nothing happens except the box outline highlights and un-highlights, with each click.

Form 2210

Did you do it in forms mode?
Are you an online user?

I know it works in forms mode on desktop.

Form 2210

I threw up a little when I saw that email.

Really, Intuit?!

Form 2210

Yes, I have desktop Classic TT, for Mac.  I attempted to override in Forms mode.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies