Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1099-B Worksheet (Apex Clearing Corporation): Date Acquired must be entered for X. I keep entering the date but it kicks me right back to the same page/question

This is happening at the review section.  I enter the date, but the same page loads when I click continue.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Form 1099-B Worksheet (Apex Clearing Corporation): Date Acquired must be entered for X. I keep entering the date but it kicks me right back to the same page/question

Sometimes it is not possible to make a correction during the review for errors.  Try going back to the Form 1099-B section of your return where the transaction was entered or imported by you.  You should be able to change the date acquired in that section to clear the error condition.  

Use these steps to revisit the input section for the Form 1099-B transactions:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “1099-B” and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to 1099-B
  • Click on the blue “Jump to 1099-B” link
  • Click Edit beside the institution name
  • Click Edit beside the transaction that you need to add the date acquired
  • Add the date and click Done
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the tip!  I tried that already and the acquired date is in the 1099-B, but for some reason it is stuck in the review stage saying check this entry.  I try entering the date in the review stage, but when I hit continue it keeps bringing me back to enter a date.  The date shows up when I go back to my income section 1099B.  Seems to be a glitch in the software?

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Let's try something else that may help. 

1. First you should clear cache and cookies, as well as browse history from your browser.
  2. Then open TurboTax to delete the entire entry, but first be sure to write down your information. Then re-enter this particular sale.

Sometimes there are unexplained items in the background that we cannot see.  Please update if this does not allow you to move forward.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I just got off the phone with the turbo tax helpline.  They finally concluded it is a known issue with importing stock sales from a brokerage (mine is M1 Finance).  They said try again after Feb 24th, they are working on a fix.

Has anyone successfully imported their M1 / APEX 1099 ?  I tried today (2/25), deleting the original import and trying again. It won't even import at all so I'm worse off than before.  This is a joke. 

I ended up deleting the imported 1099B and manually entering in the totals.  It is a joke.  The problem seems to occur when you have an acquire date of various rather then a set date.  TurboTax does not seem to know how to handle it.  I just cut my losses and manually entered in the totals (short term covered/uncovered and long term covered/uncovered).  Tired of wasting my time on the phone with them.  

I have the same problem.  Case opened and closed with a fix supposedly available 02/26/2021.

I also have the same issue.  It does not.  Had a session with Karen and Kayla who mirrored screens and data

entry.  Was told a fix will be available 02/26/2021.  Case was closed. 

Did you ever get this figure out? I'm stuck in the loop. I've tried every solution and still nothing. 

PISI
Returning Member

Thank-you for the possibility.  It, however; does not apply to my situation.  Verified with my retired CPA that the input data was correct.  He verified the same.  Filed my Federal and state taxes using TaxAct.  No errors in final review, both Federal and state taxes have been filed, and accepted.  FYI - my retired CPA utilizes H&R Block.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies