Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Filed before tax amendment.

I had filed and received a refund prior to the tax amendment. 

Is there any additional refund that is due (from the 10,200 tax break) that I paid taxes on, for unemployment?

I have not received any additional refunds other than what was submitted prior to the tax break. 

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

Filed before tax amendment.

Hi Gcmbga,


The IRS is still processing returns that are eligible for an additional refund. If you entered the 1099-G information on your return and you qualified for an additional refund, the IRS will send you the additional refund automatically.


Since everyone’s tax situation is different it you should log in to your Turbotax account to see if the change affected your taxes. Open your return (find the “add a state” button to open the return) to see if the refund amount has changed. The program adjusted your return automatically and will show an increase in your refund if you were eligible. If the refund is the same as when you filed, the change may not have affected your taxes.


If you have any question, please log in and click the live help button to connect to an expert or call us at 800-446-8848. You will need to be logged in to your Turbotax account for the expert to properly assist you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings