Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal return rejected: FED_NeedK-1_with8283_TTO_Only

The lack of communication on this is bothering me.  And why did they let me file knowing that there is a software issue which would cause it to be rejected?

Anyone considering considering filing with a different service?  I'm just about over it

aramc
Returning Member

Agree 100%.  Why even let the e-filing proceed if there is a glitch?  

So the supposed fix has not materialized as promised?  TT's message said today 4/5/24, and it doesn't seem to have been fixed.  I assume others have not been able to e-file again?  Please confirm yes or no and if you have been able to e-file again, please let us know how you did that.

Thanks.

I'm technically able to re-file, but don't want to until I have confirmation that this is fixed.

I tried to make some box 13 AE corrections assuming that was the issue. I am ready to e-file, but waiting for some confirmation form Turbo tax. I have the online version. Not sure if the software bug has been fixed. I don't see a donations anywhere in my K1. So what does that error message mean?

How do you go in and revise it. Did you just continue and refill everything?

On the side you see Frderal, under that wages and income, go click K1, Edit/add, just input everything again after deleting the form. Mine is just 2 or 3 boxes having meager amounts. Earlier there was a 13 AE issue. I removed it because anyway, individuals don't get that deduction as per IRS. There is a 20 AG issue as well. I have 59 A(e), and the code shows something else. So I removed it. It was recommended by someone on the Turbo Tax forum. But I have no clue what the error is about-donations?

Re-filed and my return was just accepted by the IRS. I could see that my refund changed so I knew something was updated. My issue was a 13A number not flowing through. My taxable income went down by $2 and my refund went up by $1. Would have gladly given up that dollar to have had it work the first time!!

aramc
Returning Member

When you click on fix it should guide you.  That's what someone from TT told me today when I called them.  That hasn't happened yet.  

That is my error too!!!  It is $1. I went back and checked all the numbers. Waiting!!!

aramc
Returning Member

Did TT guide you through anything or did you just go back to the Income section and review the K1 numbers?

I almost want to take out box 13 for the $1 that I have.  I don't have donations from it.  The TT rep did not know a thing about it. She just said that they had a lot of complaints.  I would not file until a notice comes in. 

I just went to the Federal income section and reviewed everything. Actually, I deleted and re-entered the information in K1. But nothing about my returns changed. It was not letting me input the AE deductions. I read on IRS we can no longer claim that deduction. So I removed it altogether. I don't need that extra 1 or 2$ refund. 

I got impatient and just re-submitted.  Didn't change anything in my K1.  Federal accepted

How long did it take for federal accepted message to arrive. It has been 15 minutes and I just got in progress update. 

10-20 minutes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies