Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

changtc8
Returning Member

Errors in Form 2210 and California FTB-5805 in Turbotax 2022

The is an error in From 2210 Schedule AI line 22.  From line 22 -27 instruction is to work one column before going to line 22 of next column.  The amount enter on this line 22 should be line 27 of previous column.  Instead Turbo tax is copying line 21 of previous column in column b,c, and d.

Same in California FTB-5805 Part III line 17 amount should be line 23 of previous column, instead Turbo tax is copying line 16 previous column here in column b, c, and d.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

changtc8,

Sorry, but I'm not seeing what you are telling us you see.  On the 2210 AI schedule, line 22 is the sum of all previous line 27's and not just the previous period's line 27.  Perhaps you have misinterpreted the instructions but in any event, if you are using a desktop version of TurboTax double check that your copy has been fully updated.  (Online->Check Updates).

changtc8
Returning Member

The error is still there.  For column "b" line 22, one need to work on column "a" line 22 to 27 first then copy the column "a" line 27 amount to  column "b" line 22.  Please see the instruction. "Complete line22-27 of one column before going to line 22 of next column".  This is not happening in the form right now with the updated version, I just try it.  

I try to input or edit the line 22 to put the correct amount, I can't the cell are locked.

changtc8,

While I wasn't able to reproduce your situation, I don't want to leave you hanging.  Could you post a sanitized screen shot of the 2210 and 8505 you are seeing?  

changtc8
Returning Member

I will just submit the form with hand written correction.  I will leave it up to Turbo tax to correct the errors.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies