Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mnewnham

E-filing form 8283 for 2018

Just before e-filing, Turbotax business tells me that I need to attach Form 8283 for efiling. I have the form, but can't find where to attach it. The text shows 

Please go to the 'E-File' menu and select 'Attach PDF Files'. When adding the attachment, select 'Form 1098C' as the type

However I cannot find any menu called 'E-File' or 'Attach PDF Files'. Is this possible or do I need to manually file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Form 8283 is automatically prepared by TurboTax and does not need to be "attached" to Form 1040 for e-filing as it becomes part of the return that is e-filed.

There is no e-file dropdown menu in TurboTax other than the attachment section of TurboTax Business and that section is programmed for attaching transmittal forms (e.g., 8453-PE, 8453-S, 8453-FE) for electronically filed returns.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RichC
Returning Member

Does TurboTax automatically prepare the Form 8283 for Property Contributions which need to be attached to Form 1040? Or does the Form8283 have to be filled out manually and attached in the E-File Drop Down menu? Did you ever find the E-File Drop Down menu which will allow you to attach a PDF document or a scanned in manually filled out Form 8283? Please advise

Form 8283 is automatically prepared by TurboTax and does not need to be "attached" to Form 1040 for e-filing as it becomes part of the return that is e-filed.

There is no e-file dropdown menu in TurboTax other than the attachment section of TurboTax Business and that section is programmed for attaching transmittal forms (e.g., 8453-PE, 8453-S, 8453-FE) for electronically filed returns.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies