Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Amend 2018 Won't Complete eFile for New York State.

I am using TurboTax Amend 2018. The program won't get passed the step that says "We are ready to file your taxes". I can click on "Continue", and the button acts like I am clicking on it, but nothing happens. It has already analyzed my return and found nothing wrong, it just won't go to the final step.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

You cannot e-file a 2018 return, amended or otherwise.   It has to be printed, signed and mailed in an envelope.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

According to the TurboTax Amend 2018, that is true with every state except for New York. Step 2 on the page before the one I am stuck on says "Returns (other than NY) must be mailed." Step 3 is "e-File your amended NY return." So if it does have to be mailed in, the program hasn't been updated to show this change and could very well be part of the problem I am running into.

Thanks!

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/file/return_assembly_mail.htm

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yea, I have already found this page, but it doesn't specify anything about amendments, Form IT-201-X isn't listed as one of the forms on the page, and the TurboTax program specifically says that NYS has to be e-filed, I wasn't sure if mailing it in instead would cause any problems. If anything, TurboTax should update the information on the Amend 2018 NYS program to make this clearer, as it is currently a roadblock in finishing my amendment.

Thanks again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies