Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

phunt32

E-File LLC Partnership return 1065

It's 3/4 and with updates CAN'T file NYS. 

dyschan

Personally, I just file for extension just in case there is a problem on 3/10

This is the link I used to file for partnership extension at NYS DTF

Apply for an extension of time to file an income tax return (ny.gov)

Good luck

Looking at the NY state website, page that shows "E-File Approved Software Developers for Partnerships", Turbo Tax is not checked for 2022.  Does this indicate NY hasn't tested or approved Turbo Tax Business for E-file yet?  Is this what we're waiting for to be done by 3/10?

It can be a bit stressful but it was a similar situation last year as well. Just to recap, for those of you trying to efile your partnership return via turbo tax business, NY state return is not going to work until 3/10 or 3/11 based on the eFile ready date for NYS. That date is listed as 3/10 as of today. You can file your federal separately in turbo tax and that should go through and wait until 3/10, 3/11 to file NYS parnership. The problem here is Turbo Tax needs to do a much, much  better job of displaying  an error msg that clearly indicates the problem and inform the users to just wait until the ready date for efile. The generic error msg  only confuses users and creates unnecessary stress and makes the user think they did something wrong. This is unacceptable for Turbo Tax and a sloppy job with software at best. 

I have No Errors and the returns will not E-File.  What is the issue?

OMG...really?  You want us to file a return without the required form for e-filing?  If we incur any issues or fees from the IRS, is Intuit covering it?

hoi

In my case, the Form 8453-PE, Partnership Declaration for an IRS e-file Return, is the unsupported for e-file.  But this form is required for e-file.  

Hi - 

I removed the form and the return continues to state that it cannot be electronically filed.  

Your instructions state to go to "Online" in the TurboTax header.  I do not see this.  

I have wasted several hours trying to figure this out and chasing down ideas that do not work.  Please give some direct instructions on how to file this electronically, 

Thank you!

I just researched further and the problem is NYS has not approved Turbotax software for efiling.

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/efile/partnership_approved_software.htm

So be advised, it probably will be approved at the last minute, like it was last year.  I do not know why they pick and choose what companies are the approved ones.  I have used other programs and they are not as "friendly" to work with.  It is incredibly frustrating.

Even though it says that form  (8453-PE) is unsupported, that is not the issue. The real issue is NYS eFile won’t be ready until 3/10 or 3/11. Try filing your federal separately by itself and that should efile fine and then wait untin 3/11 to file your NYS separately. That is the real issue. The Turbo Tax pop up error is confusing but that is the issue. 

Is anyone still having this issue? I was able to file my federal but still CANNOT FILE NY STATE for my LLC. It is long past the 2/24 date that was proposed. Has anyone found a solution?

They changed the eFile date for NYS partnership to 3/10 or 3/11 so that is the issue. You’re not doing anything wrong. Just need to wait until 3/10 to efile NYS partnership 

Efile date for NYS chanded to 3/10 for NYS Partnership return

Really unacceptable that we can't e-file these NYS returns until 3/10.

Turbo Tax should be giving everybody compensation for their troubles and anybody who downloaded a NYS Partnership module should get a free download next year to try and keep their business.

I am having the same problem. Same message and cannot e-file returns. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies