Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Direct Deposit Information

I'm not getting a refund nor do I owe any money on my Federal 1040. TurboTax 2019 Home and Business puts X's in my direct deposit information but I'd like to include my direct deposit information so that the Covid Stimulus Money can be deposited. Is it possible to change the form so it prints it out? I'm mailing my returns in.

I see where I can enter the information on the worksheet but it won't change the actual 1040 form.

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

if they mail you a check that is as good as direct deposit.

It's called deposit with the  bank teller.

Well there you go, another high quality answer from the pros.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@quiver888 TurboTax will only collect your direct deposit information when you are due a refund and there is no way to override that. For the stimulus payments, we are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding the direct deposit information. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Has there been any update on this? I filed my 2019 taxes with TurboTax but all my income was foreign earned and excluded from taxes. I haven't yet received my stimulus check, and when I use the IRS tool to Get My Payment, it doesn't recognize the address I entered on my 2019 tax return. @MichelleLO 

Shaquilia
Returning Member

I never got my taxes nor not the first stimulus check. 

IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

For your income tax refund, once you receive confirmation that your federal return has been accepted, you'll be able to start tracking your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site. If it's been more than 21 days since your tax return was accepted, you need to contact the IRS at tel:800-829-1040. 

If you didn’t receive the first stimulus payment or the correct amount of stimulus payment, you can claim the Recovery Rebate Credit when you file your 2020 taxes and it will provide the same amount of payment as the stimulus would have. TurboTax will guide you through this when you prepare your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies