Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

VAer
Level 4

Desktop Software: TurboTax Premier vs. TurboTax Deluxe

For TurboTax website, if there is investment, it has to be Premier.

Last year is my first time using desktop software for tax return, before then I use website for e-filing, either freeTaxUSA or TurboTax.

Last year, I purchased TurboTax Premier on Costco website, but as I remember, someone told me that TurboTax Deluxe is enough, since it provides all the forms. Unlike Turbo Deluxe website version, TurboTax Deluxe software can be used for reporting investment activities. I could not find the old post, and would like to confirm again.

Question: Is TurboTax Deluxe sufficient enough? What is the difference between TurboTax Premier and TurboTax Deluxe?

Another question: How is $10 credit used? There was $10 credit last year, I totally forgot how it was used.

Thanks.

TurboTax Software.jpg

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Yes you can use Deluxe.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.  If you use Deluxe it will recommend to upgrade but you don't have to.

VAer
Level 4

@VolvoGirl Thanks. What kinds of help offered in higher version? Example? Just want to confirm one more question: TurboTax Deluxe also does allow e-filing, correct?

I don't know what specific extra help.  Yes you can efile from all Desktop versions.

Here are all the Desktop versions.  Premier says Additional help for Investments.  But it's not required

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies