turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lauren-okeefe
Returning Member

Can the amount in Box 12v on w2 be more than 2x the amount of box 1? I sold stock but even the value of the stock didn't come close to box 12v.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can the amount in Box 12v on w2 be more than 2x the amount of box 1? I sold stock but even the value of the stock didn't come close to box 12v.

call your HR department and ask them how they calculated that figure 

..or....look closely at the actual W-2 to see if a decimal point is supposed to be, or actually is in there

like perhaps :   1234.56 vs 123456 ?

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
lauren-okeefe
Returning Member

I checked and the decimal point are correct.

@lauren-okeefe 

Then it's more a matter of you going back to your HR, or Payroll dept to find out what happened, and what's going on with those numbers.  

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies