turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CA_MCTR_Payment - rejection

I have no idea this is the first year that California has sent my refund so fast. I’m guessing it’s because it was only $15. Still waiting on federal though.

This happen to me last year and no one could help me. Come to find out I had to pay upfront and use a debit card I never used with them before. Try that and it should work..

This happen to me last year and no one could help me. Come to find out I had to pay upfront and use a debit card I never used with them before. Try that and it should work..@Frankenghoul  @Cocosuarez  @User2024 @Kurgan13 

@User2024  - How I got it so fast I can’t answer. I can say it was deposited in my Wells Fargo bank account. It’s the same account I got the MCTR deposited in. I got the State Refund first. And the Federal one 2 Days later. I checked the Federal website for status and it shows that it was approved (but not sent). I checked the franchise one and it said it was authorized and that I should have it by the 8th (but it’s all ready there). This is the fastest I’ve ever received a return. I do know that most early returns come fast and that the ones filed later in Feb and March take longer. 

@tish1268  I don’t know this was the fastest I’ve ever got a return. My return is very basic with a couple of W2, MCTR, and some childcare. Usually it takes about 10 days this was fast. I am using the same Wells Fargo Bank account that I received my MCTR in and have always received my refunds in this same account. 

@Ashleyf1520  yes I paid 10 to file my state return via debit card (they applied a credit for the Costco purchase). That’s all I paid though. 

@Cocosuarez   my state refund was 1500+ and federal was 1600+ so I don’t think the speed of it was based off the amount 

Yes I normally select deposit to my checking account but credit karma said 5 days earlier so that’s why I selected them this time and I just tracked mine in the irs.gov site and this is what it says

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue refunds before mid-February for tax returns that claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. This applies to the entire refund, even the portion not associated with these credits.

Check Where's My Refund in mid- to late February for your personalized refund status. It's updated once a day and remains the best way to check the status of your refund.”

I always claim child tax credit and never had this problem in the previous years so I have no idea what’s going on.. 

Can you post the links to the tracking websites you used because irs.gov is not showing mine.. @Kurgan13 

Download the app called where is my refund or go here it’s the same thing https://www.irs.gov/refunds

@User2024  what @Ashleyf1520  said I used the IRS website and the IRS2Go app. 

@User2024  I’ve never seen that mid Feb thing before but I don’t get that credit 

I am also getting rejected when I enter the CA_MCTR but for a slightly different reason. I only received $350 so did not receive a 1099-MISC but the instructions for entering 'other income' result in an error so I'm also waiting for a remedy.

OK. Here is info as of Feb 3, 2023. Apparently, the IRS hasn't actually decided if the FTB MCTR will be taxable. The following link goes to a local station's online article about the status.

https://www.kcra.com/article/rep-kiley-calls-for-irs-to-issue-guidance-on-whether-middle-class-tax-r...

According to the article, "...guidance COULD [my caps] come..." this week (Feb 6-10). At the end of the article, it quotes the IRS:

"For taxpayers and tax preparers with questions, the best course of action is to wait for additional

clarification on state payments rather than calling the IRS," the agency said. "We also do not

recommend amending a previously filed 2022 return." 

Not terribly helpful, IMHO.

@jilogan If you didn’t get a 1099 (it’s my understanding that those that received under 500 do not get one) it’s not reported to the IRS. Why would you report ? You may want to check with a professional, which I am not, but I wouldn’t report it at all myself. But you do you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies