Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CA_MCTR_Payment - rejection

No, because I already had paid for it. I don't see an option now to delete it and re-enter. 

It is working now. Both my returns were actually accepted last night, which was Sunday 1/29/23. TT still wasn’t showing any kind of update that I could see, but I deleted my 1099 MISC and then I went over to my state taxes cause the only way the Middle Class Tax Refund button showed up on my state taxes was when the 1099 MISC form was deleted from my federal taxes. I hit the Middle Class Tax Refund under State>Income and Wages>Miscellaneous (and the MCTR button is at the bottom of the row). Then I went back to my federal taxes  and re-entered my 1099 MISC, hit continue, when the box pops up asking for a description of the payment on the 1099, I put “CA MCTR” including the quotation marks, hit continue, then in the next screen choose ‘This was a Middle Class Tax Refund’ from the different options, hit continue, then I reviewed both my federal and state, then I re-filed and they finally were accepted.

@sgb007 if you havent submitted it you can go back and delete the form. go back and click on federal and then click on wage and income and click delete next to the form.

Mine were accepted last night, so I think the update did happen, but you can’t really tell until you delete and re-enter the 1099 MISC. There’s no message or anything that says it’s been updated, it just finally works.

kimmie7

Thanks for all the responses.  I just tried resubmitting.  Hope it works this time 🙂

I feel the same, I paid $249 because I had to report a crypto loss on my taxes and of course I could only do it by upgrading to the most expensive one. The system literally said I couldn’t report the crypto unless I upgraded again. The live tax help was useless, they even gave me bad info that could’ve caused me to not be able to e-file. I definitely want to complain.

I didn’t click the ‘none of the above’, I clicked ‘this is a middle class tax refund’ and mine still were accepted.

I’d get an error message too when I tried to review my actual tax returns, but I think that’s just a glitch and doesn’t affect your returns being accepted. As long as both the state and federal are okay when you do the initial reviews before you hit re-file.

@Mommyof4girlz  I am unable to delete the forms and restart since I had already paid for it and submitted them, though both were rejected.

My issue is for some reason the 1099-MISC "CA MCTR" is being seen as income and i'm being taxed on it. I heard the CA MCTR is not taxable income. 

What I did to fix it was delete the 1099 MICS section of the Fed form, run through the forms again, log out of Turbo Tax and clear the browser history. When I logged back in, I re-entered the 1099-MICS section for the CA MCTR on the FED form, ran through all the screens and it no longer sees it as taxable income. 

Now I will attempt to submit forms again and hopefully they are accepted. 

Thanks @Mommyof4girlz. 

@sgb007  no problem… goodluck

Walt119
Returning Member

I'm trying to file my 1044 basic tax form and of course it's being rejected due to the CA-MCTR. It's Sunday 1/20/2023 and I have tried everything I can think of with no change. Where's is the phantom fix. I could have been finished on the 1/23 if I had done it by hand, instead Intuit took my money but failed to deliver results.

I not a satisfied customer.

vaggins

I tried 3 times to file Fed and stsate. They were rejected 3 times. WEnt to FTB.CA.Gov and found out that the MCTR is not taxable by state BUT is taxable by Fed. Making changes and trying a fourth time.

@vaggins  the mctr is not taxable by fed or state. Go back and delete the 1099 form and then log out and when u log back in add it again. make sure u put CA MCTR under description and check the box that says if its for the middle class tax refund.

Same here! The product is supposed to release today, January 30th. It is STILL rejected. Should I omit the form of MCTR?

vaggins

The MCTR is taxable income by the IRS as I talked to a representative and I was told it is taxable income by the FED. I was informed it is NOT taxable by the state and to go to the ftb.ca.gov site and search MCTR. Ther it oindicates the MCTR is NOT taxable by the state and does not have to be entered on the state return. HOWEVER, per Turbo Tax, a fix that is to go in tonight. 

Note: I had a;ready done what you've indicated below. It does not work for me. THank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies