turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Ri84

CA_MCTR_Payment - rejection

I’ve received the same rejection it now say if you received the MTCR it supposed to be a form that should be released on turbo tax on the 30 for us to proceed

Ri84

Schedule for the 30th now 

Mine just got accepted. 
had an error on something else as well this time around, so I fixed it all and did the 1099 again and it got accepted!

@Ri84 i got the same message however so many people got accepted yesterday by removing the 1099 logging out then back in and adding it again. so i figured i would try that after being rejected several times and i got accepted last night. 

I opened my Turbo tax file, I went to the top right area and did a check for updates. I don’t think it did or if it did it was fast. I went through the steps checking everything involving the CA MCTR 1099 (I didn’t delete anything though) went through all the checks and submitted it Saturday morning. I received the acceptance emails about 45 minutes later about 5 minutes apart. I was really expecting to get rejected again, so I was surprised it was accepted. And Yes it was accepted by the IRS. And Franchise Tax Board. 

@Ri84 weird cause my issue was the CA MCTR and I tried for the forth time Saturday morning and it was excepted by both agency’s. I did do a “manual” check for updates and recheck my entries. But I didn’t really change anything, I didn’t even do the quotation marks everyone is talking about. FYI pretty sure you can make as many attempts as you want “rejections” don’t count against you. 

I just resubmitted my return and it was finally accepted. I think the issue is fixed now. 

Still nothing… frustrating 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Have you tried deleting the 1099-MISC and and resubmitting using these steps?

Report the California Middle Class Tax Refund as follows:

• Select Federal from the left side menu.
  • Click on Wages & Income.
  • Scroll down to Other Common Income.  Click Show more.
  • Click Start / Revisit to the right of 1099-Misc.
  • At the screen Does one of these uncommon situations apply? select This was a California Middle Class Tax Refund.

The California Middle Class Tax Refund will not be taxable on your California or Federal returns.

View the entries at Tax Tools / Print Center / Print, save or preview this year's return / Include government and TurboTax worksheets.

@Cocosuarez  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes! Finally it worked and I was accepted for both federal and state this morning ☺️ thank you!

You wrote: "I logged back into TT, clicked on federal income and wages, edit the 1099 MISC, delete it, then re enter the 1099 MISC info". Where did you re-enter the 1099 MISc info?

Also, you wrote "Be sure to type “CA MCTR” in the box" What box? Where would I find it?

Thanks!

Has anyone tried it yet today says was supposed to be fixed Al tough it hasn’t 

I did and they were accepted this morning. Just make sure you delete the 1099 information and then input it back in under other forms of income 1099-misc … as per the last post -

Have you tried deleting the 1099-MISC and and resubmitting using these steps? Input amount you received and label it as “CA MCTR” 

(include the quotations) 

Report the California Middle Class Tax Refund as follows:

Select Federal from the left side menu. Click on Wages & Income. Scroll down to Other Common Income.  Click Show more. Click Start / Revisit to the right of 1099-Misc. At the screen Does one of these uncommon situations apply? select This was a California Middle Class Tax Refund.

The California Middle Class Tax Refund will not be taxable on your California or Federal returns.

I filed taxes for two friends this weekend.  One was married filing joint, and one was single.  Both received the CA MCTR.  The single filer was accepted, the joint return was rejected.  I went through the suggested steps from previous posts and while it looks on the surface like everything was working, I was still being taxed on the CA MCTR amount.   I checked this by editing the 1099 and putting $0 in the box 3 amount, which reduced the tax owed, or increased the refund amounts for both Fed and State.   Putting the correct amount into box 3 reduced the refund amounts on both Fed and State.  The CA MCTR is supposed to be non-taxed but TT is including it as taxable income.  Still waiting for a new release to become available that will hopefully fix this.    

It’s the 30th and still nothing updated. What the heck turbo tax?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies