Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Business e-Filing with Hawaii

In past years, TurboTax Business required me to mail in my S-Corporation tax return to the State, since when it got to the e-filing step it said it didn't support e-filing with Hawaii. However, this year, Hawaii has a new Pass-Through Entity tax program (where the corporation can pay state income taxes in order to get around the Federal SALT tax deduction cap for the individual shareholders), but it requires the corporation to e-file in order to participate.

Any update please on whether TurboTax Business will finally support e-filing with HI for the 2023 tax year?

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

What's the avenue for reporting this issue to TurboTax so they can explain why (since their software is marketed to include state e-file) and hopefully fix it asap?

Squillo

Especially since Turbotax is listed on the state tax website as being an approved electronic filer for the N-35 and PTE forms. Also, I just downloaded the state module for TT Business and it doesn't even include the PTE form, 362E.  I'm trying to figure out how I'm supposed to file this electronically (which is required), without having to buy yet MORE software to do it.  Please, Intuit, fix this? Let us file our N-35 and N362E electronically!

FYI, I ended up printing/mailing in the forms (including the entire State return). The new PTE forms are pretty straightforward so it wasn't that big a deal. There is also a separate form (L-110) you also need to mail in to the Hawaii tax office stating why you are not filing PTE electronically; I commnicated with the Hawaii tax office and they understand the situation (note: they don't support electronic filing directly!) and said to just fill out the L-110 form.

Nonetheless, it's disappointing that TT Business is not-up-to-date for Hawaii; I successfully got a refund from TT.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies