turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Are stimulus payments being held up for turbo tax users?

i received my first payment and was a turbo tax user why is this payment being held up. i have the same direct deposit info as before
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies

Well from all the info I've seen, if we haven't gotten it yet we most likely won't and will have to file for the stimulus payment on our 2020 taxes because of some issue on Turbo Tax and H&R Blocks end and I haven't heard Turbo Tax trying to fix it at all, so I guess we are out of luck as of right now...

candcman4

I am having the same issue. I read a cnbc.com news article that stated Turbo Tax users and H&R Block users are having problems getting the 2nd stimulus payment. It looks like H&R Block issued a statement on twitter with how they are resolving it with the IRS but i dont see any helpful info from Turbo Tax. I had no issues with my first stimulus direct deposit no changes whatsoever to my bank information, all the same as the 2019 bank info for my tax refund. This is not fair! 

I'm in the same boat right now and I agree, this is ridiculous. It only asks about the first stimulus payment amount right now, and does not even ask about the second one... how am I supposed to claim the second stimulus, per IRS directives, if it's not even an option provided by TurboTax? This is something that needs to be adjusted ASAP. 

@Johns8679 wrote:

I'm in the same boat right now and I agree, this is ridiculous. It only asks about the first stimulus payment amount right now, and does not even ask about the second one... how am I supposed to claim the second stimulus, per IRS directives, if it's not even an option provided by TurboTax? This is something that needs to be adjusted ASAP. 

The TurboTax software for the federal tax return, Form 1040, will be updated after the IRS updates the calculations and finalizes the Form 1040 for the second stimulus.

Go to this website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_windows_individual.htm...

Thank you, that is the most relevant information I have been provided in the last 24hours!! I have been scouring the turbotax community and blog!!

I just got off the phone with the IRS and they’re telling me my second stimulus check went to TurboTax because I use them for my 2019 taxes !
She said my second stimulus check has already been issued but I haven’t received anything from TurboTax telling me they received my check! 

If you don't mind me asking, did you use the "Get my payment" tracker on the IRS website, and if so, did it show that it was sent to an account, or did it say "Status not available"? 

Mine showed the latter, and so the IRS said if you are shown that response you are forced to apply for the credit on your taxes.

It said status not available more information is needed . So I called IRS was on hold one hour but finally got through . And she told me since I used Turbo Tax and had the fee taken out of my refund the stimulus check some how went to them this time ! I had contact Turbo Tax . 

Did contacting them even help at all?

Not really . But at least I know why I haven’t received my stimulus check yet . It went to Turbo tax . But my think is WHY hasn’t turbo tax sent out like email telling people we received your money! 

Yeah that's interesting considering h&r block has already released a statement saying that they will be forwarding on those payments...

Probably to pay off the class action law suit going from last year..  

But seriously they are just going to are everyone wait to claim it on their taxes from how things are going right now 

What does your status say on the get my payment app? Mine says “not available.” I’m hoping this does not mean I have to hope I get with my taxes now. 

Yeah that's what mines says, according to an article on cnbc.com the IRS said if you see that you will not be getting a payment and will have to apply for the recovery rebate credit on your taxes. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies