turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anyone else have problems downloading a 2018 tax return? I followed help instructions, but I keep getting an error after I click Download on my 2018 Turbotax PDF.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Anyone else have problems downloading a 2018 tax return? I followed help instructions, but I keep getting an error after I click Download on my 2018 Turbotax PDF.

"I keep getting an error after I click Download on my 2018 Turbotax PDF."

What is the error??  Do you get any kind of message?

Was the 2018 return prepared in Free Edition or a paid edition?

Thanks for asking - the error message says, “Hmmm, looks like we’ve hit a snag. There was an issue downloading your file. Let’s go back to Tax Home and try again later.”

I’ve retried several times over the past few days, but to no avail. 

I used TurboTax Premier In 2018. 

Are you using any browser add-ons with script blockers such as NoScript or tracking blockers that might interfere?  If so, you may need to adjust those extension settings to see if that makes a difference.

If it's continuing, then wait at least 60 minutes from the last error notice, then try using a different browser to see if that makes a difference.

If you still get the same error, and if no one else offers any suggestions, here's how you can phone TurboTax Support during business hours tomorrow:

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/01/25632

I’ve tried Chrome and Safari browsers and I don’t have extensions to block pop-ups or scripts (that I’m aware of - I’ll double-check). 

I’ll try the contact info you shared tomorrow when support is in office. Thank you for the help, mesquitebean. 

Sorry you're still having trouble.  If Support is able to fix it when you phone them, please report back here since it may help others.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies