turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ufo428

Amount Charged For State Filing

While doing my OHIO State Taxes the software kept saying that it would e-File the Federal return for free and it would cost $19.99 to e-File my State return.

When I get to the section for actually filing and it collects all my billing information it then presents me a page saying I am being charged $24.99 + tax for filing my Ohio State return.

ALL advertising I have seen states the charge as $19.99 .......... so why the $5.00 add-on ??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Sorry the early discounted prices expired on Feb 29.  March 1 there was a price increase.  The CD box says prices are subject to change.  The prices always change around March 1.  So I try to file before then.  

From the CD product page here   Click on 5 Federal Efiles included to get this pop up box

State efile fee.jpg

trlocke

While doing my 2019 Illinois State Taxes the software kept saying that it would e-File the Federal return for free and it would cost $19.99 to e-File my State return.

When I get to the section for actually filing and it collects all my billing information it then presents me a page saying I am being charged $24.99 + tax for filing my Illinois State return.

ALL advertising I have seen states the charge as $19.99 .......... so why the $5.00 add-on ??

Sorry the early discounted prices expired on Feb 29, 2020.  March 1, 2020 there was a price increase.  The CD box says prices are subject to change.  The prices always change around March 1.  So I try to file before then.  

It also says on the back of my CD case in the comparison chart....

1 state product via download (print free  or efile for $19.99 each) prices subject to change without notice.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies