Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amended Minchigan return

Hi!  My husband had unemployment income in 2020.  We received our federal adjustment without amending it, but I think we have to amend our Michigan return and I’m not sure exactly how to do that.  When I click amend return what reason do I check? Thank you!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JordanK_EA
Expert Alumni

Amended Minchigan return

Hi Erica! 

Follow these instructions to amend on TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account if you're not already signed in.
  2. On the home screen, locate the Your tax returns & documents section and select Amend (change) return.
  3. Select Continue to amend if any of the situations or information on the screen applies.
  4. Select the amendment reason(s) and select Continue. Don't worry too much if none of these reasons match your situation exactly. You will be asked at the end of the amend process for the exact reason for amendment that will go on the Michigan return. 
  5. Continue through until you reach the screen, Tell us which 2020 return(s) you want to amend and select 2020 state. (Note: If you only need to amend a state return, only select state for the tax year you are amending)
  6. Finish amending the return.

Keep in mind: When you start amending, it's normal and expected for your refund meter to reset to $0. We'll calculate any additional refund or taxes owed when you're finished amending. This amount, if any, is separate from the amount on your originally filed return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies