Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After I get basic info in for one tax return, how do I save & enter info for next tax return. I will do about 7 or 8 family member returns? Plan to download Deluxe vers.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
VolvoGirl
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

After I get basic info in for one tax return, how do I save & enter info for next tax return. I will do about 7 or 8 family member returns? Plan to download Deluxe vers.

If you buy the CD/Download you can do unlimited returns and efile 5.  The rest you have to print and mail.  You can start a new return anytime.  Go up to FILE - NEW.  Be sure to save each return with a unique name to tell them apart.  Especially if anyone has the same first name.  It might overwrite the first person's return you did.  Go to FILE - SAVE AS.

But you are posting from Deluxe Online.  Online is very different than the Desktop installed program.  You can only do 1 return per account.  Do you need to buy the Desktop program?

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/ 

File New.jpg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
VolvoGirl
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

If you buy the CD/Download you can do unlimited returns and efile 5.  The rest you have to print and mail.  You can start a new return anytime.  Go up to FILE - NEW.  Be sure to save each return with a unique name to tell them apart.  Especially if anyone has the same first name.  It might overwrite the first person's return you did.  Go to FILE - SAVE AS.

But you are posting from Deluxe Online.  Online is very different than the Desktop installed program.  You can only do 1 return per account.  Do you need to buy the Desktop program?

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/ 

File New.jpg

Thank you very much!!  That helps a lot.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

You asked about saving the information so you don't have to type it in all over again. You can save the return at any time.

When you get the basics entered, click on FILE at the top and then SAVE AS. Save it with a generic name and then start each return with that base file.

When you complete each return, be careful to SAVE AS with the correct name for the return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Since you can only efile 5 returns with the downloaded version  and you have more returns than that to do may I suggest using the IRS FREE FILE option for those that qualify ?   This is really good for kids returns since their income is low ...

To qualify for the Free File website  you just need to meet one of these 3 things.

AGI $36,000 or less.

Active duty military with AGI of $69,000 or less

OR qualify for EIC (earned income credit.)

In order to use the Free File program, you have to start it at a special website.  Click on the Orange button I Qualify, Let's get Started and set up a NEW account

https://freefile.intuit.com/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies