turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

austinexp

3rd party designee

Deluxe desktop with all updates won't let me e-file after I overrode the "no" answer to add a 3rd party designee; cycles back to review and tells me to undo the override. Adding this information to the personal ws doesn't add it to the 1040 so that's useless.  How to designate a third party rep on 1040 and still e-file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

3rd party designee

I had the same problem last night. 2 hours almost on the phone with a TurboTax support person, and all he could do is advise us to print the returns out and mail them.  Tonight, different returns, now we can't print them out. 

Carl
Level 15

3rd party designee

I'm somewhat surprised a TurboTax employee did not know what I know, and I'm "just another user" like you. Whenever you do an override, two things happen.
 - You can not e-file. You have to print, sign and mail the tax return.
 - You completely invalidate the TurboTax 100% Accuracy Guarantee.
PHol
Returning Member

3rd party designee

Completely ridiculous that can't enter 3rd party designee!! I see this has been on ongoing problem for a few years.  As POA for mom need to be able to include.  Back to killing trees & can't e-file. Come on Turbo Tax - get with it!

So Frustrating

3rd party designee

Online versions do not support 3rd party designee.

With the desktop version the 3rd party can be added in the forms mode  on the "Information Worksheet" part VI and does not require any override.   (Online has never had a forms mode or supported items that require it).

(There are numerous less used items that can only be done on the forms.)

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies