1099misc for renting room?

I rented out a room in my home for 3 weeks to an individual. I just recieved a 1099misc for the rent he paid, including an amount as non employee comp for the cleaning service came when he left! All I can say is wtf?! My rental contract was between him and I but he is now saying because I cashed a check from his LLC that it's too late to correct the 1099 etc. Do I have any recourse? I am not a landlord and only did this 1x.

1099misc for renting room?

Technically, the 1099 was correctly provided to you, if the amount received was $600 or more, regardless of the fact that this was a one time rental agreement between you and your short term tenant.  You should report the income received when you complete your tax return.  

1099misc for renting room?

whether or not you received the 1099-MISC, it is still income and the right thing to do is report it to the IRS so there should be no 'WTF"