Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099 Service is currently unavailable for LPL

When trying to import 1099 data from LPL Financial, I get a message that the service is currently unavailable. It goes on to say "Please try your import on March 23, 2022 at 9:00 AM PT." My question is what does that mean really. Is this a TurboTax import issue or an LPL issue? I have relied of import from LPL for years, and I rely on the service. I do not want to enter information my hand.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

31 Replies
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

We have seen these types of messages (from various financial institutions)  when documents are not yet ready for import. Please try again on the 23rd and if you would, reply here letting us know if it was successful.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wcu
Level 1

It's still not working...is this a TurboTax or LPL issue???

New turbotax message says "...LPL Financial is currently unavialble. Please try your import again on March 28, 2022 at 09:00AM PT...." 

I am experiencing the same issue.  Just received the updated date of 3/28 and no one at LPL Financial has a clue why.

Same deal with LPL not being available until 3/23, then 3/28, now 3/30.  Please get someone to figure this out.  Thanks

Worked today 4/1/22.  (If yours still does not work perhaps clearing browsing history will help.)

I called LPL, and they said it was on the Turbotax side.  I called Turbotax, and they said that all they could do is go by the date listed (3/28).  I'm sure they would have said the same thing when the date was 3/23.  

wcu
Level 1

I ended up entering my LPL info manually...was easier than expected and easier than waiting. 

If just retirement accounts, it is pretty easy to enter.  If you have taxable accounts with stocks/mutual funds/ETFs, it can be nasty.

Same problem here and my info is too complex to enter manually. Please fix this problem.

After a long discussion with Turbotax tech support yesterday, where they assured me that it is an LPL issue (not sure now they know for sure), I contacted my LPL advisor, and they called LPL tech support. I got a call back this morning that LPL is currently working on the problem and stated it was their goal to get it fixed my March 28, which is consistent with the current Turbotax message. For me, I'll wait until then and see if the problem is resolved. I'd rather do that than enter data manually.

I contacted the LPL main number posted on the website, and the tech person I wound up with blamed Turbotax.  Calling an advisor is a good idea as that likely puts more pressure on them to fix.

Now says, "March 30th at 12:00 pm PT."    

DGJ1
Level 1

As of Mar-28 1PM EST - now saying check back Mar-30.

same as me

jojoB

Same here.  Very frustrating!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies