Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095-A is not required in Kansas. How do I file without form?

I understand that the additional healthcare information is not needed
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

1095-A, if you were covered by marketplace insurance, is needed for your federal return. if you file without it you can expect a notice from the IRS and a delay in processing your return.

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

It may not be used in the Kansas return but you will need to have it in the federal return to reconcile any Advance Premium Tax Credit. If the Marketplace notifies the IRS they have sent you a Form 1095-A, they will be looking for it in the return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My insurance comes through Office of Personnel Management, a US government office that manages a majority of federal employee and retiree affairs. How is that part of the federal insurance market place?

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

That information shines a different light on things.  There may have been an errant entry during the interview that indicated to the program that you received the form.

To get back to that portion of the interview, type 1095-a in the search box in the right corner of your screen, then click the link Jump to 1095-a.

Go through the interview process until you get to the Did you receive Form 1095-A for your health insurance plan? screen, and select the checkbox to the left of No, I didn’t receive form 1095-A.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies