Question for 2019 amend tax return.

Francisco2019

Question for 2019 amend tax return.

Hi, I need to amend my tax return for 2019. So,  I downloaded the 2019 turbo tax software. I entered everything but there's one thing that I have issue inputing which is my robin hood tax form. I have too much transactions. So its really hard for me to put it in manually. I tried the automatic by putting in my account and the 11 digit document id but it keep showing not available so I don't know if its the turbo tax side or robin hood side issue. So how can I  get that to  work or ask for help please? thank you

Mike9241

Question for 2019 amend tax return.

some brokerages cut off importing for prior years. 

you do not need to enter every single transaction.  on the 1099-B there should be up to 6 codes for the type of transactions

a) - short-term proceeds and basis reported to IRS

b) - short-term proceeds but not basis reported to IRS

c) - short term neither proceeds nor basis reported to  IRS

d,e, f same as a,b, and c but for long term transactions

for each of these, you can just enter a total on the 1099-B worksheet 

you need to enter M as the adjustment code and 0 for adj amount. (M tells the IRS there are multiple transactions on that line and detail is provided elsewhere) 

since you can not e-file 2019, you can attach a copy of the 1099-B to the return and mail it in. be sure to use a method where you can either track the return or get proof of delivery 

Francisco2019

Question for 2019 amend tax return.

Thank you