cellag0916

Question about NH return

Hello, my New Hampshire return instructions to mail my return says "You don't need to file a New Hampshire BT-Summary return. The data you entered results in no refund and no tax due." and "You don't need to file a New Hampshire DP-10 return. The data you entered results in no refund and no tax due."  Does this mean I do not have to send anything in because this is all the document says.  Thanks!
mnjdwyer

Question about NH return

If you are single and live in NH and you earned more than $2400 in interest and dividend income (other than income specifically exempted by statute such as interest on federal obligations and NH municipal or state obligations) you do have to file a return.  There are additional exclusions, such as an exclusion for blind or elderly (65+) that could reduce your taxable income to zero, but you still have an obligation to file.  Check the instructions on the NH Department of Revenue website for Form DP-10.  Turbo Tax gave me incorrect advice.