Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Quarterly Tax reporting two forms of self employment income from two 1099-Miscs?

I have two forms of self-employment income for this year, one is doordash with mileage write offs, and the other is multimedia oriented without any possible deductions. Do I pay quarterly tax when the total for both of these incomes exceeds $1000 in owed taxes or is it just when one income exceeds $1000 in owed taxes or is it just when one income exceeds $1000 in owed taxes after deductions. For example, one of my jobs is multimedia related and I expect to owe around $160 on this income in taxes and my other one is a door dash driver and I expect to owe around $900 in taxes after deductions. Do I need to pay quarterly tax on my income for this year because they both exceed $1000 or is it just one form of self employment? Is it just when all of my self employment income tax added together exceeds $1000?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Quarterly Tax reporting two forms of self employment income from two 1099-Miscs?

It's based on the total of all your income, even other income like W2 and interest/dividends & investments.  By the way, you will pay the SE self employment tax on the combined Net Profit for both businesses.  So if you have a net loss on one it will reduce the tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies