jamduppy

Purchased turbotax home and business 2016. saved file to my computer which has crashed. retrieved file but cannot open without application. please help

Install the app again ...

To access your downloads after purchasing from TurboTax.com, follow these steps.

1. Sign in to My Downloads.
  2. Click the blue Download arrow for the product you would like to download.
  3. Save the download somewhere on your computer where you can find it – your desktop is a good place.
  4. After the download has finished, install your software by double-clicking the downloaded file.

SLN97982

Answered by TurboTax FAQ to this question

jamduppy

I purchased a cd, not download version. I have no downloads available in my turbo tax account.

Ok .... can you reinstall the program from the CD?
jamduppy

No because I bought a MacBook Air which has no cd drive.

Well you should have said that to begin with ...

This FAQ explains how to handle a situation where you bought  a CD, but don't have a CD drive on your computer: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2590568">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2590568</a>

Another quicker method is to use another computer to copy the *.exe installation file from the CD Rom to a flash/thumb/usb drive, then insert that drive into the first computer and install from the flash/thumb/usb drive.  Do not try to run the install file from the removable medium.

Or you can talk to TT Customer Support and see if they will place a download in your online account or advise you of your options.    Here's how to be assigned a phone number to the proper department at TT Customer Support during the business hours shown below (it will not display when they are closed).  Read all the steps first.

1) Go to <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/">https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/</a>
2) Choose the product platform you are using.
3)  Ask a question or keywords without quotes, and Submit.
4)  On next page, skip the suggested articles if they don't help.
5) Scroll down, and you should be able to enter the Support module to get a phone number. (That will be grayed out when they are closed).
lizriz2003

I have installed turbotax Business for 2016 and tried to open my tax file.  It opens asking for the password and once I typed it in it tries to open the file but will not because it says I have to download the state software.  I believe it was Error 109.  What do I do?

Install the state software ... click on ONLINE in the menu bar
lizriz2003

Thanks for reply.   I'll try but I had to purchase and download state from turbotax and when I click on download I get message that it expired or something to that extent.
lizriz2003

Regarding Critter#2 answer, I tried the online on menu bar to download state software but I'm getting error code 190 that session has timed out?