Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

quijay

Program saved from 32bit desktop onto an external drive isn't accepted by my 64bit desktop.

When I try to install my 2022 program (saved onto an external drive from a 32bit desktop) on my 64bit desktop from the ext. drive the message returned is "It appears that your CD is defective."  I can't locate my original 2022 disk.  I want to put the program onto the 64bit system so the 2023 program (It requires 64bits) can access the 2022 data.  Running compatibility troubleshooter didn't help.

Any suggestions?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Program saved from 32bit desktop onto an external drive isn't accepted by my 64bit desktop.

You don’t need to install the 2022 program to transfer 2022 into 2023.  You only need the tax data file ending in .tax2022.  Copy that file to the new computer.  It should be in your Documents in a Turbo Tax folder or search your computer for all files ending in .tax2022 or .tax.

Then just start a new 2023 return and it should look for the 2022 tax return and ask if you want to transfer it.  If it doesn’t find 2022 you can browse to where you put it.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies