Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Problem with Schedule CA (540) and additions to CA income for nonpassive losses from sale of MLP

Is 2023 TurboTax Premier broken? We completely disposed of PTP shares in MLPs, and in the past, the suspended losses have appeared as NonPassive losses on the Schedule CA without any adjustment to California income. This year, all of them are being added back to CA income from the Federal income. I don't understand why this is happening. Help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Problem with Schedule CA (540) and additions to CA income for nonpassive losses from sale of MLP

This is the original poster replying: we found that TurboTax had some kind of BURP and when we started all over again, we found that the erroneous addition of suspended losses to the California Schedule CA did not reoccur. So I suppose that my answer was that TurboTax was temporarily broken (because we made no changes to how we re-entered it the second time.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

This is the original poster replying: we found that TurboTax had some kind of BURP and when we started all over again, we found that the erroneous addition of suspended losses to the California Schedule CA did not reoccur. So I suppose that my answer was that TurboTax was temporarily broken (because we made no changes to how we re-entered it the second time.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies