turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

schong99
Returning Member

Problem with 1099-B Importing

I have capital gains adjustments Form 1099-B. After importing the document, the system asks me to fix the issue of zero value. It says "Accrued market discount should not be 0. Enter amount disallowed under wash sale rules...." The amount is 0.19 and the system recognizes the number as zero removing decimal point. I tried to input 0.19 but it's changed to 0 and not accepted. Please fix the issue.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I'm not sure this will work, but since the .19 is being changed to 0 (obviously rounding down), try entering 1.00 in the disallowed field.  Maybe the program will allow you to proceed.  

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
schong99
Returning Member

It doesn't work. I don't know why turbotax does not support customer problems at all.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@schong99 You can contact TurboTax Customer Support during business hours by using the instructions I'm linking below.  

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

So sorry I can't be of more assistance.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies